Re: mass book conservation

Not sure, but I was reading some materials from Neschen (Filmoplast...)
about a machchine they developed for taking ms. materials, deacidifying /
buffering them, then laminating them with heatset tissue and binding. Most
of the work was done in one machine. I can get more info at home tonight.
Remember the Germans (East) were the ones who perfected papersplitting. I
wouldn't put this past them. I know the German National ARchive in Koblenz
uses heatset to preserve just about everything.

p.

Peter Verheyen, Conservation Librarian
315.443.9937 <wk> 315.443.9510 <fax>
mailto:pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx