Re: Craftsman Defined

I just had to laugh when I read this analogy ("To merely paint does not
elevate one to be an artist, no more than using a computer instantly
makes you a programmer...") because my husband, the computer scientist
(is he *really* a scientist??) recently told me that he hates computer
analogies, finding them to be generally specious. So now just to be
obnoxious I will say to him in conversation (to his dismay), "You know,
it's just like a modem...." or "It's just like a flavor of UNIX....", etc.
etc.

Janice Braun
Special Collections Curator
Olin Library, Mills College