[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Conservator/Restorer Definition

I have had a request from a friend involved in a linguistic discussion
in Europe about the distinctions between Art Restoration and Art
Conservation. He wants to know what the two people would be called in
English: I suggested a "conservator" as opposed to a "restorer". The
discussion centres around job descriptions related to training and
actual work as part of a professional terminology guideline.

Clearly, there are overlaps in what 2 such persons would be involved
with. I suspect that there are many of you who might have thoughts on
this. I welcome your comments.
-- =

Peter Sramek
Book=B0Sequence Gallery

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]