[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Any Books on Home Printing?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Any Books on Home Printing?
- From: Thomas Larque <thomas_larque@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 18:57:09 +0100
- Message-id: <199804011814.KAA18694@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I am in the process of setting up a Small Press, and have had a look at a
few books with "Self-Publishing" in the title hoping to find a discussion of
the various techniques of manufacturing books. Unfortunately most get to
the section on "Printing", and say "find a good printer and pay him".
Are there are any very recent books which anybody can suggest which discuss
the most recent ways of printing and publishing books - including a
discussion of manufacturing methods (hopefully including Thermal Binding)?
I'm looking for something which deals with the small-scale, cheap end of
self-publication. I can't afford to set up a large or expensive printing
press. I'm also hoping to find something that has been published within the
past couple of years and is up-to-date with modern technology.
Thanks for your help.