Re: NON-ROMAN TYPE FACES (also Re: Fonts)

Anyone looking for fonts -- freeware, shareware, commercial ware, foreign
or otherwise -- might like to  check out <http://www.cbbag.ca>. From the
first page, click on the LINKS button on the left side of the page, and
then click on the DIGITAL TYPE reference in the second or third paragraph.
This will take you to a page of links to designers, foundries and
distributors of (surprise) digital type faces. One of those links is to Dr.
Berlin's Foreign Font Archive. Another is (if I remember correctly) to the
Font Fairy's List of Free Fonts on the Web.

This page was just separated from the rest of the book arts links this
week, partly to reduce the loading time of the links page, and partly for
the reason you will read on the page itself.

The address for the Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild website
below still works (for the time being) but we have recently applied for,
and been granted, our own domain name. The website noted above is on a new
server and is the the site which will be maintained on a regular basis (I
like to think that the links page is one of the most comprehensive book
arts links pages on the web ;-) Ron Koster's site, which has scans of
Holbein's Dance of Death initials, is linked, as is David Macfarlane's
Green Dolphin site with excellent typographic info, along with many others.
I was going to announce the new URL sometime later but all this talk about
fonts today has forced my hand. I'll follow this posting with an official
announcement (and a proper subject header) so that the archives will
properly relect the announcement.

Be sure to bookmark both the Book Arts Links page and the Digital Type
Links page as you will find enough pointers there to keep you browsing from
now till the millenium (believe it or not that's the first time I've used
the word in public ;-)

Cheers,
Richard.

Richard Miller <rmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild website:
<http://kawartha.net/~rmiller/cbbag/CBBAGhome.html>