Re: entry fees

At 04:05 PM 4/3/98 EST, Barbara H wrote:
> There are few other
>professions in which the practitioners must pay for the priviledge of working

I think you are mistaken here. For example, my husband is a psychologist.
He has to have a license to practise, and must have his license renewed
regularly. He pays for this. He also has to have malpractice insurance. He
is required to have continuing education credits, which means attending
conferences, workshops, etc. He enjoys those, and would probably go anyway,
but the point is that he has to pay quite a lot to be allowed to practise
his profession. I imagine there are many professions in which people have
to pay in order to work. I'm not against entry fees for exhibitions as long
as they aren't exorbitant, and are used to pay for the costs of the
exhibition.
Shireen Holman, Printmaker and Book Artist
email: tholman@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.clark.net/pub/tholman/shireen/index.htm