[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: restoration
- From: Terry Belanger <belanger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 23:56:09 -0400
- In-reply-to: <199804060227.WAA163424@poe.acc.Virginia.EDU>
- Message-id: <199804060411.VAA20584@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 10:23 AM 4/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Friends of the Book Arts,
> I recently recieved a 1940's edition of the "Missale Romanum"
>the old rite of the Roman Catholic Church, all in latin.
> It is bound in full Morocco, which is worn and in need of
>restoration; the book block also needs work.
> Would anyone be interested in making these repairs?
We do not make book repairs.
>I am most interested to find out how much it might cost and
>how soon it might be done.
You would find it cheaper to purchase a copy in good condition than in
trying to get the one you have repaired: it would cost several hundred
dollars to bring back, from the sound of it, and you would still have
something that wouldn't be as good as a copy in good condition. You should
be able to get a copy in good condition for about $30. -tb
Terry Belanger : University Professor : University of Virginia
Book Arts Press : 114 Alderman Library : Charlottesville, VA 22903
Tel: 804/924-8851 FAX: 804/924-8824 email: belanger@xxxxxxxxxxxx