Re: restoration

At 10:23 AM 4/6/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Friends of the Book Arts,
>        I recently recieved a 1940's edition of the "Missale Romanum"
>the old rite of the Roman Catholic Church, all in latin.
>        It is bound in full Morocco, which is worn and in need of
>restoration; the book block also needs work.
>        Would anyone be interested in making these repairs?

We do not make book repairs.

>I am most interested to find out how much it might cost and
>how soon it might be done.

You would find it cheaper to purchase a copy in good condition than in
trying to get the one you have repaired: it would cost several hundred
dollars to bring back, from the sound of it, and you would still have
something that wouldn't be as good as a copy in good condition. You should
be able to get a copy in good condition for about $30. -tb

Terry Belanger  :  University Professor  :   University of Virginia
Book Arts Press : 114 Alderman Library : Charlottesville, VA  22903
Tel: 804/924-8851   FAX: 804/924-8824  email: belanger@xxxxxxxxxxxx