Re: goldleaf -- addendum

An addendum to my previous post:

Although "the books" say that 24K gold is preferred for illumination, as a
practical matter it's very difficult to find these days.  I have 23K gold
myself, and that's what's sold in the calligraphy catalogs.  (And, looking
through those catalogs, I'm awfully glad I bought mine a long time ago.  It's
expensive!)

Also, the "glass" grade of gold leaf supposedly has fewer pinholes so that it
is more suitable for surfaces which will be backlit.

Regards,

Beth Lee

Callibeth@xxxxxxx
1st Callig book swap: