[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: exhibition fees
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: exhibition fees
- From: "Janet L. Meyer-Borders" <jmeyerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 12:25:10 -0500
- In-reply-to: <199804070202.VAA09422@comp.uark.edu>
- Message-id: <199804071725.KAA18170@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I really appreciate a good arguement. I am not sure if it was an
arguement, but I finally found a person that seems to think a bit
clearly here. I have a deep regard for fees, gallerys and the ones
who do the art, but like you said, don't bitch about the prices.
I exhibit 2 or 3 times a year and manage to do so without paying
a fee, but off course, I have done the ones for fees too. Unfortunately
my work hasn't gotten in the ones for money. I wouldn't mind paying
a gallery 60% if they could sell my art. I have some fine art that
has been in a gallery in Arkansas but hasn't sold for 6 months. I will
leave it there till they do not want it anymore. My agreement is 50%
but I would pay more too. I tip my hat to anyone that starts a gallery.
I find that thought real hard to conceive. Well anyway, please type
more I need your inspiration. Thank-You
Hi - this is Janet - I am an artist - do you need any art work?
Give me a call. Logos, Murals, Signs - jmeyerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx