[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: fascicles


What distinction does Karl Young draw between fascicle & chapbook? I read that
piece sometime ago, but can't turn it up right now. ED's fascicles would
indeed be called chapbooks now. Tangential to this, the printer/poet Dale
Going of Em Press has produced two sets of "fascicles," which for her are a
set of letterpress broadsides bundled & tied by ribbon. Second set includes
poems by Merle Bachman, Susan Gevirtz, Elizabeth Robinson, Jaime Robles, Rena
Rosenwasser & Cole Swenson among others. Dale can be reached at:

EM Press
541 Mill Valley CA 94941

all best,
Charles Smith
Date:    Tue, 7 Apr 1998 18:36:12 -0400
From:    "r.drake" <r.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: "fascicle"?

looking for any specifics on a "fascicle" as a book form...  having just
read an article (by karl young: "notation and the art of reading") who
distinguishes between a fascicle and a chapbook; and having read of emily
dickinson refering to her handmand gatherings as fascicles...  the oed
gives the botanical: "a cluster of leaves or flowers on very short stalks
growing closely together at the base", and i can imagine...  thanks for
all help.

burning press

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]