Cyrano de Bergerac Centenial

Booky friends--

Got a mailing today (as I'm sure most or all of you did) regarding the
centenial celebration of Rostand's CYRANO DE BERGERAC. It includes a
contest for fine binding of a special copy of the play.  If you could see
the Lanham probosci you would understand why Cyrano is a Lanham favorite
and a mailing like this would get my attention.

I'm not at a craft level to enter such a contest seriously (though they do
have an amateur class), but it might be worth it to me to enter just to get
a copy of the book.  The cost is about $78 (470 FF). I don't know anything
about the sponsors of this event (The Vth Biennial of World Art
Bookbinding)or whether there is anything wrong with entering just to get
the book and without any serious intention of submitting a binding.

Any info or thoughts will be appreciated.

Sam Lanham
Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)