[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re : Exotic Leather - Us?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re : Exotic Leather - Us?
- From: Thomas Larque <thomas_larque@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 21:50:04 +0100
- Message-id: <199804162055.NAA16802@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> It turned out to be a full leather binding, but of unusual quality. the
> had a slippery feeling, with little grain, neither pig skin nor calf. It
> stirred my curiosity and for a moment I speculated on just what sort of
> leather it might be.
Thanks for posting this source, Ed. It was very interesting indeed.
The discussion of the "unusual quality" of the binding sounds familiar. The
book of this kind that I saw was a truly beautiful book. Fortunately it was
in a glass case, so it wasn't possible to touch it.