Re: unpleasant leathers

Richard, you mention that one of the questions you'd like to see opened up here
is "What is the perceptual boundary of good taste?" While I am familiar with
the term boundary situation, which is used to denote a fact of existence, the
existential condition undetermined by historical mediation, I am unclear about
the phrase 'perceptual boundary of good taste,' although fascinated by the idea
of a parallel construction--a fact of good taste that transcends historical
mediation--I admit in part because it seems impossible, a coincidentia
opositorum, and just the thing you are (elsewhere in your note) decrying. Could
you please give us-me-an idea of how the phrase is used or how you intend it to
be understood?

Michael

--
Michael Joseph
   Rare Book and Jerseyana Catalog Librarian

                voice: 732-445-5904
                email: mjoseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                fax :  732-445-5888

URL:http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mjoseph