Re: "Perfect" replacements for "perfect" bindings.

Duncan wrote:

 >...the paper itself.
>It can not be clay coated (i.e. Time, Newsweek, etc.) and can not be overly
>brittle.

I understand why clay coated paper is not a good candidate for double-fan
adhesive binding but I'd be very surprised if either Time or Newsweek use
clay coated paper. I admit I haven't seen issues of either magazine for
several years but clay coated paper is relatively heavy (usually used for
art books where exceptional printing reproduction is wanted) and since both
magazines depend on the postal system they would want to save on the weight.

Regards,
Richard.

Richard Miller <rmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild website:
<http://www.cbbag.ca>