Re: acrylic inks

>Date:    Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:17:51 -0500
>From:    Beth Priestley <bpturtle@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: acrylic inks
>
>Does anyone know of good waterproof acrylic printing inks? I am printing on
>fabric with lino & rubber stamps,for books and clothing, and have been
>formulating/mixing my own acrylic inks from a variety of commercial
>products, with very limited success. Most acrylic inks are not waterproof,
>and Speedbal printing ink for fabic is not very good either. Oil-based
>etching inks are obviously water- and wear-proof, but due to health,
>disposal, environmental, housemate complaints & concerns, etc... Although I
>can print outside now in the summer, I would like to find acrylic inks that
>will work.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Beth P
>Painted Turtle Designs

beth,  have you looked into using fabric paints or textile screen printing
inks (not Speedball)?  they are fairly non-toxic, when used properly,
and the point is that they be waterproof, which they are
after being heatset...easily done with an iron or home dryer...
i'm not sure how they will cooperate for your stamped designs, i have
just started
using Neopaque and Lumiere paints for stamping designs and notice
that very fine images will become too blurry with the paints.....perhaps
if it were thinned a bit with some extender?  i'm still experimenting!

dharm trading co. has an extensive catalogue:
http://www.dharmatrading.com

have fun and good luck!
bobbi in new mexico