[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Where cloth and paper meet
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Where cloth and paper meet
- From: Joyce Jenkins <joycej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:22:01 -0800
- Message-id: <199804281712.KAA16852@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Here's a response to Dan's questions to help people answer my two
> > 1. Making the join between the paper and the book cloth
> > 2. Getting the glued piece of paper the exact size and down in the
> > exact place
> If you could supply some additional facts it might help:
> -Size of your portfolios
They're about 12 1/2 by 9 1/2--to hold standard US paper
> -How many?
About half a dozen
> -What adhesive are you using?
Also I know I got the terminology wrong on quarter and half bound. I
remembered that it had to do with how much cot covered in cloth or
leather, but I got the parts wrong. I'm trying to decide if this
constitutes publicly embarassing myself since I only actually know two
people on this list--I guess I'm virtually embarassed!