bitchy buddha news

Some shameless self-promotion from Indigo Som:

1)
ALMOST OPEN STUDIO
Saturday 6 June, noon to 4 pm
Center for Visual Art
713 Washington St. between 7th & 8th in downtown Oakland CA

The "almost" is because it's not in my studio, & it's only one afternoon
instead of all weekend.

CVA is just around the corner from Pro Arts (who sponsors the official Open
Studios that weekend) & also just across Broadway from Chinatown, so you
can come by after stuffing yourself full of dim sum... (you don't even have
to bring me any!)

I will have plenty of new work to show you, including some groovy new
"cheap art" items for under $3! Hope to see you there!

2)
If you're in Utah, you can see my piece in this show:

Westward Bound: A Juried Exhibition Celebrating the Book Arts in the West
5 June - 23 July 98

Finch Lane Gallery
54 Finch Lane
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
801.596.5000

Hours: 8:30 am - 5 pm Weekdays; 1-4 pm Sundays; closed Saturdays & holidays.
Opening: 6-8 pm, Friday 5 June

3)
WRITING CLASS at San Francisco Center for the Book
I will be teaching a 2-evening class in July. This is a writing class
especially for visual artists who use (or want to use) words in their
artwork. For more information contact the Center: info@xxxxxxxx or
415.565.0545

4)
EMAIL REMINDER: indigoS@xxxxxxxxxx
The cranky chick at indigo@xxxxxxxxxx says she is "really sick" of getting
my email, & she doesn't seem like she's about to forward things to me,
either. Please remember to include the "s" at the end of "indigo"! (Think,
"Indigo is SSSSSSSSo cool & I really want her to get my email!")

Thank you! & sorry for any duplications.

Indigo Som  ***  bitchy buddha press  ***  indigos@xxxxxxxxxx

We don't have choice, but we do have selection! -- Karen Steward