[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Need some help, advice...
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Need some help, advice...
- From: Sally Jackson <serifm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 16:59:16 -0500
- Message-id: <199805152202.PAA13216@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
While I am a calligrapher and do some bookbinding, my advice here would
be _get money up front!_ It may be that your price quote will scare him
off - but maybe not. I once did four illuminated manuscripts - poetry
that a client had written for her four children - and did not get an
advance. However, that was unusual in that I knew the person and knew
there was no problem with the cost. For any other circumstance, I would
want a sizeable downpayment.