Re: Chicago's Printer's Row Book Fair

At 08:32 AM 5/18/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>> I noticed in the Sunday paper, that downtown Chicago will be having a five
>> block tented Book fairnext Saturday and Sunday. Has anyone attended in the
>> past? I thought about heading up, but was curious if it's worth it, or
>> whether it's simply five blocks of Walden's, Barnes and Noble, and
>> Border's bookstores.

I went quite a few years ago and as I recall it was primarily used book
stores represented (and perhaps a few independents). I walked away with a
first of Graham Greene's A Sort of Life and a 3-volume set of Boswell's
Life of Johnson.

There's a few touristy-type demos of printing/binding/etc as well, IIRC.

Certainly it's worth the el/train/bus fare. (Don't try and drive in, since
parking will be dicey.)

-dh

---
Don Hosek           dhosek@xxxxxxxxxxx    Quixote Digital Typography
312-953-3679        fax: 312-803-0698     orders: 800-810-3311
For information about SERIF: THE MAGAZINE OF TYPE & TYPOGRAPHY,
http://www.quixote.com/serif/ or mail serif-info@xxxxxxxxxxx