Re: Icky Sticky Gooey Yucky Poster Restoration

You can use a Crepe Rubber Cement Pickup (looks like a crepe eraser) to
lift off the "sticky gooey residue".  It is available from Dick Blick
Art Materials;  1-800-621-8293;  catalog number 587900;  $0.99 each.
Where the substrait remains I would use ethanol to remove the carrier,
followed by cleaning the sticky residue with the crepe eraser.  (As
always, use proper precautions when using ethanol.)  Hope this helps.