Re: patron saints of book binding

I second the vote for Richard de Bury!  (Even if he hasn't been
canonized.)
The Philobiblon is a remarkable work for its time--it contains some of
the few
truly pacifist writings of the age (and this during the Hundred Years'
War)
written on behalf of, and from the point of view of books themselves.
He
certainly should be a revered figure for all bibliophiles and
librarians.

As for the book arts in general, I would put forward St.Columba of Iona,
whose
monastery created the most beautiful books of all time and who simply
loved
books for themselves.  He would be my patron saint if I were of an
appropriate
religion...

Still, neither of these is specifically for book_binders_.  I bet one
could be
found.