[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
job posting - Book Conservator
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: job posting - Book Conservator
- From: Karen Brown <kebrown@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 10:46:21 -0400
- Message-id: <199805261451.HAA14600@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The Northeast Document Conservation Center is seeking applicants for a
full-time Book Conservator position. In addition to treatment of a wide
range of bound materials, responsibilities include examination and
documentation of materials. Other duties include evaluation of treatment
needs of incoming objects, on-site examination of materials to be treated
and organization of large projects.
Candidates should have a minimum of four years of book conservation
experience or the equivalent. Good writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
are essential. Completion of a formal training program, experience in a
library setting and knowledge of production methods would all be helpful.
Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience and skills. Benefits
are excellent. NEDCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Send a letter of interest, resume and names of three references to:
Deborah Wender, Director of Book Conservation , NEDCC, 100 Brickstone
Square, Andover, MA 01810-1494. Email inquiries to wender@xxxxxxxxx
Northeast Document Conservation Center