[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Call for entries for book show in Cambridge, MA USA
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Call for entries for book show in Cambridge, MA USA
- From: Karen Molloy <kmolloy@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 23:40:47 GMT
- Message-id: <199805290014.RAA18656@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
For hand-delivered-only submission next week --
The Cambridge Art Association in Cambridge, MA, USA. is pleased to announce
"New Frontiers: Artists' Books in New England", a juried exhibition open to
New England artists working in the book form as a visual art medium. All
kinds of artists' books will be considered for submission -- including
one-of-kind, small editions, sculptural booksworks, and installations. Work
that can be displayed on the wall is encouraged.
The Cambridge Art Association is located at 25R Lowell St. Cambridge, MA,
in the same building as the New School of Music, across from Mt. Auburn
Hospital. Telephone is 617/876-0246. Gallery hours are Tuesday through
- Exhibition dates: 6-30 June 1998
- Opening reception: 12 June 5:30-7:00pm.
- Submit work: Hand-deliver one or two books Tuesday, 2 June, 12-8pm.
- Jury date: Wed. 3 June
- Juror: Mary McCarthy, Boston book artist and educator
- Entry fee: for CAA members: $7.50 for one submitted piece, 10.00 for two
pieces; For nonmembers: $10.00 for one submitted piece, $15.00 for two
- Pick up work not accepted into the show: 4 June 12-6pm.
- Pick up exhibited work after the show has ended: 1 July 12-6pm.
Note: If a book requires special instructions for display, please enclose
instructions with the work. If it requires a particular support structure,
please provide it, if you can do so.
The gallery will take utmost care of your book. Unless you instruct us
otherwise, your book will be displayed open to viewers. (We have only a few
glass cases.) Cotton gloves will be provided for viewers to wear while
handling your work.
Call 617/876-0246 or email cambridgeart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you have
questions about this show.