[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Coming Event in Walla Walla
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Coming Event in Walla Walla
- From: Roberta Lavadour <paper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 05:12:11 -0700
- Message-id: <199805311245.FAA16904@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The second annual summer book arts program at Whitman College, a private,
liberal-arts college will take place July 20-24 in Walla Walla, Washington.
Featured presentation will be by Jim Dine along with Julia D'Amario and Ruth
Lingen, printers from Pace Editions in New York.
John Carrera, Quercus Press - "Linkstitch Variations and the Italian
Longstitch: Now Approaches to Tradition at Millennium's End
Ruth Lingen - "Relief Printing: Making Images for Books"
Anna Hepler - "Printing an Exquisite Beast: A Collaborative Lerrerpress
Ian Boyden - Making Cliche-Berre Prints
Keiko Hara - Japanese Stenciling
The program also includes lectures and slide shows by the presenters on a
range of topics.
The fee for the five days is $350, with a meal package available (four
breakfasts, five lunches and four dinners) at $62.25 per person. Housing is
available in Prentiss Hall on the Whitman College campus. Prentice is a
recently renovated residence hass with shared bathrooms.
Whitman has a stunningly beautiful campus, a little over 4 hours east of
For more information, call 509-527-5251