Re: Coming Event in Walla Walla

At 10:36 AM 6/1/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I've been to Walla Walla!  It's a lovely town - city, my husband and I
>really liked it!  AND JIM DINE?!  The solid black paintings that people
>couldn't help touching from the 60's Jim Dine? I thought he was dead!  Just
>goes to show how much I know!  Wow, sounds like quite the line up... wish
>we were driving through Walla Walla again!
>
>Cheers!

Dine is certainly alive. Still making wonderful paintings and more. I
remember seeing a big retrospective of his work at the Walker Art Center (I
drove about 6 hours to take that one in) in about 1983, accompanied when I
saw it by a marvelous poetry reading by Robert Creeley. Have there been
more recent showings of a large body of Dine's work, and available
catalogues of such exhibitions?

charles

charles alexander   ::   poet and book artist   ::   chax@xxxxxxxxxxxx
chax press   ::   alexander writing/design/publishing
NOTE NEW URL FOR CHAX PRESS    http://alexwritdespub.com/chax