Re: Adhesives

Lineco, Inc.  makes a PVA glue that is archival.  It has a neutral pH, is
reversible with water and dries clear.  I've used it for adhering cloth
cover paper and decorative papers to boards.  Ditto for end papers to
board.   You can buy it by the quart or gallon at art supplies store or
through archival supply catalogs like University Products or Gaylord
Brothers.

For adhering decorative papers to board (esp. Japanese papers that are
very absorbent and can be easily stained by white glues if not careful),
I use a neutral pH glue stick, also available from University Products.
I work in a rare book library where we use both the Lineco white glue and
glue stick (Scotch) for adhering book plates (also acid-free) to the
inside front board of books.

Hope this helps!
Renee