Re: Purple Calf

> From: Bob Roberts <roroberts@xxxxxxxx>
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Purple Calf
> Date: Monday, June 08, 1998 7:18 AM
>
> I need purple calfskin. Not wine or lavender, but a healthy, bright,
> royal purple. Bookmakers and W. Pearce do not carry...
>
> Bob

Dear Bob,

It is unclear from the above, when you actually contacted Bookmakers.

With the recent upheaval and changes which have taken place between
Bookmakers and The Bookbinders Warehouse, your enquiry to them appears to
have 'slipped through the net'.  As you probably now know, Bookmakers are
our new distributor.

Although, we do not carry a purple Bookcalf in our standard range, we would
be delighted to produce a skin or skins for you to your own colour
specification.  Please note that this would entail a colour matching
surcharge.

Upon receipt of instructions from Bookmakers, we could have a skin ready
for despatch within 2-3 weeks.  Please contact Cindy Mowery at Bookmakers
again to discuss your requirements.

We look forward to producing this leather for you.

kind regards,

David

David M. Lanning
J. Hewit & Sons Ltd. (London)