[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Value of BA List (Was: Book Arts Symposium and Workshop in Walla Walla, WA)
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Value of BA List (Was: Book Arts Symposium and Workshop in Walla Walla, WA)
- From: Eric Alstrom <alstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:07:59 -0400
- In-reply-to: <199806101351.JAA23810@redbud.cats.ohiou.edu>
- Message-id: <199806101417.HAA09910@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I agree with Richard about the value of posting notices of workshops,
exhibitions, etc. on this list and second his motion of posting as early
As yet another editor for a newsletter (Quarto: The GBW Midwest Chapter
Newsletter) I copy/paste/save announcements for inclusion in the
newsletter. But since I too am on a quarterly basis, thus the name Quarto
;-), I need advance notice.
So to those posting announcements of this kind, please do so as far in
advance as possible!
And for those in the Midwest, I have a web page of current Midwest
"Happenings" on the GBW Midwest Chapter web page. The URL is:
I try to keep it up to date, but I do this in my "spare" time. If you
really want something to be listed in the Midwest Happenings, and the event
is in the Midwest, please email me directly and I will make sure it is
posted as soon as possible.
At 06:53 AM 6/10/98 -0400, Richard Miller wrote:
>Chris McAfee wrote, in response to Laura Joan Boston:
>> I regularly scan the Book Arts-L for
>>items to put in the Guild of Book Workers Newsletter calendar.
>I too often save items of interest from postings here for inclusion in the
>CBBAG Newsletter. <snip>
Eric Alstrom Guild of Book Workers Midwest Chapter
33 Townsend Place Newsletter Editor and Web Page Binder
Athens, OH 45701
***Articles gladly accepted. Remember, submission is good for the soul!***