Re: Protection for paper jewelry

Dear Joyce,

I printed out your post and gave it to my wife, Becky. Here's her reply:

    "Great idea Joyce. You might want to try Liquitex Gloss Medium and
Varnish. It paints onto your finished product and dries in about 20
minutes. It can be a little bit of a challenge to get it evenly applied
to 3-D pins. It brings the color out in paper and leaves a sheen.

    Another option is a spray coating made by Illinois Bronze that is
called Triple-Thick Crystal Clear Glaze. It was actually designed for
decoupage, collage and papier mache, and creates a bright, glass-like
coating on the project that is more durable than the Liquitex. Hope this
helps."

As do I, Joyce. Sounds like fun. Enjoy.

-Joel Mikesell
The Paper Page