[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: A Sizes
- From: Tom Marshall <pressman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 14:48:35 +0100
- Message-id: <199807061742.KAA19956@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A `direct' correspondent has suggested that some subscribers might like to
have more info re the A sizes of paper, so here goes:
Working from the smaller; sizes in mm:
A6 105 x 148 Long grain
A5 148 x 210 Short
A4 210 x 297 Long
A3 297 x 420 Short
and keep going up through A2 and A1 to A0 (841 x 1198)
Note that the A0 is trimmed from down from SRA0 which is 900 x 1280.
Many of the small private presses get their machine made paper in an SRA
size, such as SRA4 which they print on and then trim down to A4 thus
achieving clean and smooth edges.
Re envelopes: think of a C to suit the A; that is, C6 envelopes suit A6
size card or paper (also folde A5, or twice folded A4) C4 suits A4; etc.
Hope this helps someone. Apologies if already known.
Whitstable Kent UK
*Better a wee bush than nae bield*