[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: question
- From: charles alexander <chax@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 19:54:17 -0700
- In-reply-to: <199807110045.RAA17892@pantano.theriver.com>
- Message-id: <199807110252.TAA16196@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yes please keep it the way it is. Actually it is this way on every other
list in which I participate. So that discussions are "on" the list, not
"off" the list. To get "off" and have private discussion does take just a
tad extra effort, and there are mistakes made now and then (on every list I
know), but the other way around would be much worse.
At 08:50 PM 7/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>No crankyness intended. The reason I set it up that way was so that threads
>could be more easily maintained. The other way everything heads off list
>really quickly and the list gets quiet.
>That's my reasoning and it generally works.
>At 07:33 PM 7/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>I'm not being cranky but wonder why you set the list up the way you have.
>>It seems very awkward to respond to posters. You can't just use the
>>"reply" option as in all other lists I belong to. I invariably forget the
>>way Book_Arts-L is set up and post all wrong. Thanks for the information.
>>> In schoen gebundenen Buechern blaettert man gern. <<
>Peter D. Verheyen