clam shell book case with ribbon/tape thru spine

I have admired a clam shell book case that when it opens, pops up a
miniature book from the 'spine'.  The tape/ribbon that pops the book up is
fastened in a way that I cannot see.  As I have not had the opportunity to
look closely at this binding, nor find instructions on how to make this
book, I was wondering if someone recognizes this binding and can guide me to
the directions for making it?

I have been visiting the 'sites' and find them interesting--many are quite
beautiful.  What a delightful armchair visit!

Thanks for your help.  jansapp@xxxxxxx