[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
clam shell book case with ribbon/tape thru spine
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: clam shell book case with ribbon/tape thru spine
- From: "Nancy H. Nitzberg" <NNitzberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 22:15:40 -0400
- Message-id: <199807150216.TAA18170@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The structure you describe sounds like a design by Hugo Peller. He has
conducted workshops on how to make these pop-up boxes and sold kits with
prefabricated components. Don't know if they're still available.
The ribbon goes through the middle of the inner slip case and then throug=
slits in the linings of the box trays where it is adhered between the
linings and the boards of the box. When the box is closed the length of
the ribbon allows the book to sit at the bottom of the slip case; when th=
box is opened, the shortened length of the ribbon in the slip case causes=
the book to pop up.
P.S. Where did you see these?