[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Printing on eggshells
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Printing on eggshells
- From: David Macfarlane <dmac@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:05:14 -0400
- Message-id: <199807202115.OAA25750@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I recall seeing in the book "The Medium is the Massage" by
Marshall McLuhan and Quentin Fiore a photograph of a
raw egg with something printed on it -- right on the yolk!
I always assumed that someone used Letraset and used
the prelease technique: rubbing softly on the Letraset
sheet while it is placed over the blue glassine sheet, and
then laying the released film onto the yolk.
This is what I would do for an egg shell. Just burnish
lightly once you've got the placement right.