[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Printing on eggshells - setting type
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Printing on eggshells - setting type
- From: Sally Jackson <serifm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:00:52 -0500
- Message-id: <199807211300.GAA15156@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Eggs have a sort of waxy coating. If you soak the eggshell briefly -
about 30 minutes in vinegar, the mild acid will dissolve this and make
the shell easier to write on.
Could you make your own transfer with acrylic gel medium? Paint several
coats of medium over the writing, allowing each to dry. Float the paper
in warm water, then gently rub away the paper, and you will be left with
a transparent sheet with the lettering in it. Adhere this to the
eggshell with more gel medium.