[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Cleaning off spines
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Cleaning off spines
- From: linda <capella@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:15:59 -0400
- Message-id: <199807221416.HAA18968@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: On the web at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I use methyl cellulose. Dab it on and cover it with wax paper until it's
soft enough to let go. But I like the steam idea alot.
>Within the past two months, one of you wonderful people told of a method of
>removing spine linings and mull down to bare signatures cleanly and easily.
> I think it involved using a PVA mixture covered with blotting paper and
>I've lost the posting and can't find it in the archives. It seems to have
>been added to a posting on a different subject.
>Remember, anyone? I'd like to avoid the mess I usually make when I use paste.