Re: GBW and GNEBW

The GUild of Book Workers is the national organization. It also has
numerous regional chapters. The Northeast Chapter is one of them. Dues for
the national are $40/yr. The Chapters are an additional $10/yr. You can't
be a member of a Chapter without being a member of the national.

Most, if not all, Chapters have a newsletter. To date, only the national
newsletter is online. Full information about the Guild can be found on it's
website at <http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw>

Peter

At 05:33 PM 8/2/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Can someone clarify for me: are the Guild of Bookworkers and the Guild of
>N.E. Bookworkers the same?  I live in CT. and wonder which I should join.
>A quality publication is important to me.  Does each have an independent
>publication?  I am a follower of all-things-book-arts, but I'm not a
>professional in the field (unless being a librarian qualifies!) Thanks for
>the information.
>
>Linda

>Linda M. Wilson
>Greenwich Academy, 200 N. Maple, Greenwich, CT 06830
>lmwilson@xxxxxxxx
>FAX 203.625.8991
>

                                >>> I loved working in the library. <<<

Peter D. Verheyen