Re: Mac & QuarkExpress Book Signature Layout Q's

Actually, I'd like to know, too. I used to use PageMaker 4.0 and 5.0 and
maybe they didn't have that capabililty. I've been wanting to make some
booklets and couldn't find in the PageMaker books where it can be done--one
reason I've hesitated to shell out the money.

Fran Morris

At 06:14 AM 8/12/98 -0700, ANGEE wrote:
>Eric Alstrom wrote:
>>
>> I know in PageMaker, there is a utility which will take a sequentially
>> numbered series of pages and turn it into a booklet (or a signature). You
>> layout your book in numerical order (i-x,1-160, etc. which makes it easy to
>> layout) then run this utility and it creates a new file which shuffles the
>> pages around so that 1 and 16 will be back to back, 2 and 15, etc, or
>> whatever order you need.
>

>I currently have Pagemaker 6.0 and have been calculating this signature
>placement by HAND!!! for three+ years. Please tell me(us) how to have
>the program do it for me.  I will be eternally grateful.  This may be
>done privately if you think others are not interested.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Angee Cobb

Fran Morris
Beacon Book Stand