Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 10 Aug 1998 to 11 Aug 1998

To Allison Chipman or any other List member:
  In readin g your recent contribution I noticed your title of Editor, AAT,
Vocabulary Program, Getty Information Institute.  I was wondering if you could
assist me in the search for a word: I am working on an artist book about an
architectural element that i have not been able to name.  It is found at the
base of entranceways of factories and garages and functions like a bumper in
that it protects the doorway from traffic going through.  They are usually
made of metal; sometimes cement...often bomb-shaped but always wondrously
sculptural.  A bumper has springs; a guardpost is free-standing.  Would you at
the Vocabulary program or anyone on the List happen to know what they are
named?   Thanks.
Robbin Ami Silverberg
Dobbin Books
DobbinMill@xxxxxxx