[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Commonplace, scrap and other books ...
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Commonplace, scrap and other books ...
- From: Sam Lanham <slanham@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 07:33:33 -0400
- In-reply-to: <199808170855.DAA00946@roadrunner.sig.net>
- Message-id: <199808171133.EAA17608@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Is "grangerised" synonymous with "extra-illustated"?
At 08:04 AM 8/17/98 +0100, you wrote:
>The term "grangerised" refers to a man, a book collector I think in the early
>1800s (?), who would collect many engravings and bind them into the normal
>edition of a work.
Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)