[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Commonplace, scrap and other books ...

Is "grangerised" synonymous with "extra-illustated"?


At 08:04 AM 8/17/98 +0100, you wrote:

>The term "grangerised" refers to a man, a book collector I think in the early
>1800s (?), who would collect many engravings and bind them into the normal
>edition of a work.
Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]