[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Commonplace, scrap and other books ...

>Is "grangerised" synonymous with "extra-illustated"?
>At 08:04 AM 8/17/98 +0100, you wrote:
>>The term "grangerised" refers to a man, a book collector I think in the
>>1800s (?), who would collect many engravings and bind them into the normal
>>edition of a work.
>Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)

Yes, a perfectly acceptable description to me at any rate - with the proviso
that it does not imply illustrated by the publishers as a marketing ploy!  I
think there is a definition in Bernard Middleton' book, but my copy is at

Rodney Fry

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]