That does it!

I guess it's back to the glue pot and paste jar for me.  It won't be so
bad, given the comparatively small amount of binding I do. Just meansmaking
only enough paste to last two or days, easy enough to do especially with
the cold water pastes available. Those are OK, aren't they?

I rather enjoy cooking and straining the paste, although that seems silly
in order to make 1/4 cup or less of paste. I like to cook it over water; an
egg container in my egg poacher works fine.

I know one binder who adds a bit of calcium carbonate to the paste, not as
a preservative, but as a buffer. I don't know how much she uses. Sounds
like a good idea; any comments?

Darn it! I just ordered a quart of Jade 403, enough to last me 3 years or
more and it's too late to cancel the order.

Betty Storz   storz@xxxxxxx
Betty Storz   storz@xxxxxxx