Art covers

Dear List Members,

For the first time in many years I have been requested to use some original
art work on paper to cover/decorate the front and rear boards of a set of
books. My question is what are my best options for fixing/protecting the
work once it is on the boards. The work itself is pencil and ink on a fine
japanese paper. Acrylic wax? Artists fixative? Both? Neither? Thank you in
advance for your time.

Regards,

Kurt Klappenbach
Loud Creek Bindery