[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Jim Sherraden, Hatch Show Print
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Jim Sherraden, Hatch Show Print
- From: Asa Peavy <asap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:21:17 -0700
- Message-id: <199808281728.KAA16268@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Pacific Center for the Book Arts Workshop
Jim Sherraden of Hatch Show Print, Nashville, Tennessee, will give a
workshop/demonstration at the San Francisco Center for the Book on
September 5, Saturday, from 10 to 4 p.m. The cost is $80, materials
included. Jim Sherraden is the present manager of Hatch Show Print,
letterpress printers for the country music industry since 1879. The
Center for the Book is located at 300 De Haro Street at 15th Street.
Included will be demonstrations on the use of varied type faces, wood
type and engravings characteristic of Hatch Show Print design. This is
a golden opportunity to experience firsthand the methods of this
time-honored institution which has defined the image of country music
for many years.
Mr. Sherraden will also give a free public lecture Sunday, September 6,
at 3 p.m. in the Koret Auditorium, Lower Level, San Francisco Public
Library, Main Branch, Civic Center.
For information call the San Francisco Center for the Book, 415-565-0545.
This workshop is sponsored by the Pacific Center for the Book Arts.