[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Call for entries
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Call for entries
- From: Tryst Press <tryst@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:37:48 -0600
- Message-id: <199808282228.PAA24128@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Tryst Press and the Marriott Library Book Arts Program invite you to
participate in a Western States Letterpress Broadside Exchange. The
exchange is open to residents of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah,
Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico.
Specifications for the exchange are as follows:
* Limited to the first 30 participants returning the accompanying Intention
of Participation and participation fee.
* A participation fee of $10.00 is required to help defray the costs of
boxing and shipping the exchange.
* Intention forms and fees are due 18 September, 1998.
* All broadsides are due by 31 October, 1998.
* The suites of broadsides will be shipped by 30 November, 1998
Specifications for the broadsides are as follows:
* Each participant will print an edition of 40 pieces.
* Final storage size of 6 inches by 8 inches. Broadsides may be any
dimension providing they fold or collapse down to 6" by 8" flat.
* All papers must be mouldmade or handmade.
* Each broadside in the edition is to be enclosed in a protective sheet of
glassine with folded dimensions of 6" by 8".
* Each broadside must show evident use of letterpress, though any other
media may be used in addition to letterpress.
* Subject matter is open.
* The edition is to be colophoned, signed and numbered 1 to 40 by the artist.
Questions can be addressed to Rob Buchert at Tryst Press.
phone (801) 356-2579 fax (801) 373-2359
Intention of Participation
I will be participating in the Western Letterpress Broadside Exchange.
Enclosed is my participation fee ($10.00 check or money order made out to
I will be
___ printing on my own press.
___ printing on the press of a friend.
___ printing on the press of an educational facility.
___ printing on the press of a hired/co-operative studio.
Return this form with fee to:
PO Box 1032
Provo UT 84601
Deadline for Intention of Participation forms and fees is 18 September,
1998. Should all openings in the exchange be filled when your form is
recieved your check will be returned to you.