Steam knife

In 1977 when I visited the conservation lab at Trinity College, Dublin,
I saw a tool which I believe they called a 'steam knife'. It was made
there, and consisted of a brass jacket containing a heated element that
super-heaedt steam that was fed into it and shot it out a small hole.
This produced a 'blade' of steam about an inch long that was very useful
for opening glued sections and pages.
Does anyone know if such a tool has ever been produced and marketed
commercially?
Regards,
Yehuda Miklaf
<mfritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>