the latest in binding materials

I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't resist resurrecting it. From a
brief essay by Cullen Murphy, in the current Atlantic Monthly, on
contemporary
funeral practices:

"A Kentucky bookbinder and printer, Timothy Hawley Books, offers a line of
what it calls bibliocadavers--handsomely bound volumes whose blank or
printed pages are created from a pulp containing the ashes of a loved one.
The advent of bibliocadavers will, if nothing else, add a new facet to the
idea of a book's being remaindered." (pp 25-6)

Steve

Steven D. Hales
Associate Professor                     email: hales@xxxxxxxxxx
Department of Philosophy                phone: (717) 389-4229
Bloomsburg University                   fax: (717) 389-2094
Bloomsburg, PA 17815

http://www.bloomu.edu/departments/philosophy/pages/haleshome.html