Websites for finding the status of an old book

I'm currently trying to look up the status of an old book for my
grandmother.  Does anyone know of a site where I can find information on
the relative rarity, number of editions printed, prices, etc.?  Something
that would find insurance replacement values would be perfect.

BTW: The book is _The President's Daughter_ by Nan Briton, London 1927.
No ISBN (not customary in the era), no codes indicating what edition.  In
mediocre condition, if it's worthless, we're considering re-binding it
since it's been in the family for years.

Sincerely,
        Jack Durst
Spynx@xxxxxxxxxx
[this posting written in Net English]