Re: Alum Tawed Goatskin

We completely, use wheat paste. If the tur-ins are stubborn, you can use
hide-glue/gelatin for those. You could also use PVA or a
PVA/Methylcellulose mixture, but that will be most likely to stain
the skin. If you use hide-glue/gelatin make sure it is fresh.  Wetting
completely before gluing out will help reduce chances of that happening.

Cover the book in stages if you need to: Spine, dry; boards, dry;
turn-ins.

Peter

Peter Verheyen, Listowner: Book_Arts-L
mailto:pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx