Artist Book Workshop in Guatemala

Dear List Members (and any friends whom you think this might interest):

I will be offering my workshop, Artist Books/Creative Personal Expression,
through <A HREF="http://artguat.org";>Art Institute in La Antigua Guatemala</A>
February 19-28, 1999. Last year's workshop was a great success, which if you
are on my mailing list you already know (and if you aren't and would like to
be, just send me your name and address off-list and I'll remedy the
situation)!

The workshop includes painting and construction of five innovative book forms,
along with a 32-page album covered in Guatemalan fabric and embellished with
locally produced beads. Lunch with a Mayan family in a nearby village, a visit
to Libros San Cristobel (Christopher Beisel's handpress and bookbinding
studio) and travel to the colorful market town of Panajachel on the shores of
Lake Atitlan, with lots of time for shopping, are included as part of the
travel package. Antigua is a charming small town (the old colonial capital)
situated high in the mountains of Guatemala. It has a near-perfect climate,
friendly people, great food and an international atmosphere. The Spanish
language schools there are justifiably famous for their one-on-one
instruction.

Please take time to visit the web site (just click on the highlighted blue
words, or go to http://www.artguat.org/). You can also contact Liza Foure at
612-825-9747, email her at info@xxxxxxxxxxx, or respond to me off list for
more information. If you know of other online lists, sites or organizations
that would appreciate knowing about this workshop and The Art Institute in La
Antigua, please feel free to forward this message to them or to contact me
with the relevant information. Thanks.

Barbara Harman